SoftSummit 2003 Agenda
The first two days of the conference were sessions showcasing creative approaches to important software business issues. Both business and technology solutions were featured – showcasing proven solutions and new innovative approaches.
Days Three and Four showed how the pricing and purchasing strategies from the previous days could be implemented. Attendees took the opportunity to attend full day courses on the Business of License Management and “Implementing Licensing” – a hands on technical course.
DAYS 1-2 (October 6-7)
Core Topics of Interest - Software Publishers
- Enabling dynamic pricing models and flexible client-based pricing
- Protecting software assets with license-based security, tracking and enforcement
- Using product activation to improve time to market and enable new potential revenue
- Software as a service: Learn how
- Increase sales with customized product packages
Core Topics of Interest - Software Purchasers
(with multi-million dollar annual software costs)
- Saving IT time and money: improve software needs forecasting, usage tracking and purchase planning
- Current trends in license-types and their impact on your organization
- Managing software assets as a strategic resource
- Reporting, tracking and analyzing license usage to optimize software spending
DAYS 3-4 (October 8-9)
Two days of training:
Macrovision Corporation provided both business and technical training to software publishers, corporate end users and system administrators.
Macrovision’s instructors average
over 10 years experience in the industry, and have provided strategy
and technical consulting services to hundreds of software vendors
implementing electronic licensing and numerous end users seeking
to get the most value from their software license investments. Macrovision
Educational Services is the preeminent organization providing training
in all aspects of electronic licensing, having trained thousands
of software industry professionals, system administrators and software
end users from hundreds of leading companies since 1994.